This information might be Helpful for you
Category specific opics:
- Windows Installation Process
- Signs that your Windows Need Replacement
- Everything you Need to Know About Glass
- Replacement vs. New-Construction Windows
- Window Glossary
- Choosing the Right Replacement Windows
- The Right Windows for You
* Restrictions and conditions apply. Offer not available in all areas. Advertised discounted price, requires purchase and installation of 7 or more windows. Offer discount is calculated based on lowest priced window product. Cost of installation is excluded from the Offer.
Signs that your Windows Need Replacement
There are a few determining factors that will help you decide if window replacement makes sense for your home. The following are just a few telltale signs that your windows need replacement.
Condensation or Frost Buildup
- Condensation usually develops when insufficient insulation or poor thermal material allows for a quick transition from hot to cold air
- In some cases you will actually be able to feel the air coming in through a closed window. Other times, you may not feel the draft. To be certain, there is a simple way to check for drafts. Hold a lighted candle in front of the window's edge. If the candle flickers or even goes out, this is a sign that your weather stripping is gone and drafts are coming in through the window.
- Old single-pane glass does not provide good protection against outside noise.
- If you are unhappy with the appearance of your windows and they look old or deteriorated, this could be a reason to replace your windows. In older homes, if there is much exposure to UV rays or extreme weathers, the exterior frames may expand and contract causing the paint to peel.